[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch / Solaris 10 Zone / Sun Studio

Marty Lee marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 19:07:15 MSK 2010

ok, so now I have FreeSwitch up and running in a Solaris 10 Zone, compiled with Sun
Studio 12 and two SIP phones attached and passing calls - result!

For the developers, the libs/esl/Makefile is not autogenerated and has a load
of 'g++' specifics in it; once I adjusted those to the Sun Studio settings, the
'hash' module built fine.

Last one; know this isn't your issue, but the 'flite' module uses the csw_sts.h
file and defines a number of 'const' variables in structures. The code to do
a '#define const' to disable those seems to be being applied to the system
includes too, resulting in a number of function conflicts - the ones that preceed
the #define and any that are nested that follow.

Instead of trying to 'bodge' the code to disable 'const', it was much easier to
just remove the 'const' from the csw_sts.h file itself. Again, more ramblings
in case any other 'Solaris' people ever end up here.

BTW, this has just been tested within a Solaris Zone - something that I can't
get to work on Asterisk, which was my main reason for looking for an alternative.

If I can get IAX and SIP working reliably, then this will become the next prod'
solution.

Right - onwards and inwards to understand the xml file etc.

:-)

-----
Marty Lee                         e: marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Technical Director                v: +44 845 869 2661
Maui Systems Ltd                  f: +44 871 433 8922
Scotland, UK                      w: http://www.maui-systems.co.uk