[Freeswitch-users] SIP MESSAGE requests

John Rose johnrose at comtex.net
Wed Dec 15 19:49:21 MSK 2010

Hi All,

I've been banging my head on this  -

I've been trying to get ESL events from incoming SIP MESSAGE requests to a
non-registered SIP user. From my research there have been others who had
been trying to do this but it seems like FS does not support it since it
would take some modifying of the Sofia stack to make this happen and
supposedly it's not trivial spitting out an event here since there is no
active SIP session. I was wondering if this modification had been done
recently?

This is what I get on the console of the FS receiving box:

2010-12-15 09:41:51.564568 [ERR] sofia_presence.c:130 Chat proto [sip]
from [dp+9999 at 64.27.3.63]
to [9898 at 67.162.136.150]
MESSAGE test from John
Invalid Profile 67.162.136.150

I've been trying to get rid of that "Invalid Profile" by changing various
settings....

Any suggestions? Does anyone know if it is possible to get ESL events from
SIP MESSAGEs or is this still a TODO for FS?

John