[Freeswitch-users] Reliability of HEARTBEAT events every 20 seconds? (in mod_event_socket)

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Fri Dec 10 16:45:32 MSK 2010

Ok, I found the reason for the delays.

check_ip() (which is called after heartbeat has been sent) sometimes took up to 12 seconds to complete. This seems to be related with some slow/semi-working DNS-servers in my lab network.

I've created a patch that adds a setting that makes it possible to deactivate detection of IP address change (default behaviour will be the way it works now). I know this is kind of a special case, but still, the check_ip() is not needed on most servers I would say.

I will create a jira and post the patch there (later on today).

Thanks for all suggestions about this.

/Peter