[Freeswitch-users] Cepstral + FS question

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 03:38:04 MSK 2010

Hello, it would be great help if someone who has used Cepstral from FS can
share their views.

1. I just have one Cepstral Allison voice license (1 port) on my FS server.
I use swift command to convert text files to WAV which are then played by
mod_managed in FS call process. First question is regarding limitations on
simultaneous conversions (TXT to WAV) using swift command. If I have
multiple threads doing this, will there be any degradation because of
Cepstral? I tried running two BAT files with 3 commands each. But running
them simultaneously or separate produced same outcome. Does anyone know when
Cepstral licensing kicks in and starts degrading quality ( or worse
inserting "not licensed") prompt?

2. When I call session speak from mod_managed (or stream file) after
selecting Allison / Cepstral as my voice, does Cepstral engine interfere
with quality of the playback? If yes, when will I see it and how can I
produce their effects?

3. What is the sensible number of ports (from Cepstral) I should be prepared
to buy if findings in the previous points imposes significant limitations?

Thank you for any help or guidance.

Malay