[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk SCF vs FreeSWITCH

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 01:08:29 MSK 2010

2010/12/3 David Ponzone <david.ponzone at ipeva.fr>

> Hmm I would say the main one is that FreeSWICH is there now, and has been
> around for some years now.
> Asterisk SCF is a project, not very advanced it seems.
> If you can afford to wait 2 or 3 years...:)

Probably the most technically visibile difference (other than FreeSWITCH is
here now) is that Asterisk SCF aims to follow a distributed model
(components run in different processes or even different machines).

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com