[Freeswitch-users] Early Media troubles

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:35:33 PDT 2010

And I agree that it must work, somewhere. But it does not.

Work with me here: Firstly, I tcpdumped on the FreeSWITCH machine. If I'm
not seeing the RTP on the FS machine, it's not going to be anything like a
firewall or a NAT issue. Secondly, and far more telling (as the above could
be related to me screwing up the tcpdump somehow): I get the Playback audio,
so it is possible to get audio back down the line eventually and the RTP
does reach the caller, so RTP is able to flow from FS to caller without
interference (as I said in the initial mail, the only RTP sent from FS
starts _after_ the 200 OK). It simply is that FS is not sending out early
media.

Like I said, either I'm doing something remarkably stupid, or there is
something extremely strange going on here.

Should I try to use ring_ready AND pre_answer in combination? I have not
attempted that yet. If so, in what order?

 - JP