[Freeswitch-users] Automated Attendant?

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Sat Aug 28 08:21:01 PDT 2010

On 08/28/2010 06:08 AM, broken dash wrote:
> One is simple, and the other could become ridiculously complex... ;-)
> Have you tried out any of the config GUI's for FS? What are you
> wishing to do with an attendent?
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/IVR
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

Disgustingly simple.  I just want to have an option of leaving voice
mail for one or another person (extension, user, whatever) or checking
voicemail.

I loaded bluebox and deleted it almost immediately.  It really didn't
bring anything to the table as far as I could see.  I've spend 2 weeks
getting my dialplan the way I wanted it and bluebox pretty much wiped
the slate clean.  I didn't feel like starting over.

I was reading the wiki/IVR that's one place I quoted in my email.  I
just thought it strange that the author would go to great pains to
explain that an automated attendant was significantly different than an
IVR and when I went to find an automated attendant for FS, all I could
find were IVR scripts. :)

There's enough examples in the dialplan an the wiki for me to get
started I think.  If not, I can probably fall back on javascript.
Programming doesn't scare me.  I started doing it in 1965. :)

Anyway I just want to be sure there wasn't an automated attendant
function in FS that either I overlooked, or wasn't yet documented, given
that an automated attendant ISN'T an IVR, or so says the wiki.

Jim.