[Freeswitch-users] Outbound codecs preference

Juan Antonio Ibañez Santorum juanito1982 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:58:02 PDT 2010

2010/8/25 David Ponzone <david.ponzone at ipeva.fr>

> Juan,
>
> I see your issue now.
>
> Well, first solution is to only send to the provider the codec you want.
> If you prefer G729 for a phone, it's likely the provider will support that,
> so offer only G729.
> If you prefer PCM for another phone, it's likely the provider will support
> that, so offer only PCM.

I think a parameter may be called 'outbound-codec-negotiation' would be a
better solution. This way, when you will offer several codecs to the
provider and the provider offer several codecs to you, you could set that
your codec preferences have higher priority than the providers' as done with
inbound calls.

> The strange thing, but I guess it depends, is that your provider sends you
> back several codecs (is that even acceptable ?).
> When I sent them a list of codecs, my providers always replies with only
> one, the one they want, generally it's the first one in the list I offered.

I suppose similar we offer several codecs to our registered ip phones.