[Freeswitch-users] MWI doubt

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Wed Aug 25 08:57:22 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 10:37 -0500, Brian West wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2010, at 10:32 AM, François Delawarde wrote:
>
> > Ok, but is it possible to have more than one profile responsible for
> > domain for some type of multi-homed setup?
>
> NO.
>
> > I tried using a single presence db for all profiles with:
> > <param name="dbname" value="share_presence"/>
>
> Sure.  But thats more for calling users registered.

Well I just tested and... IT SEEMS TO WORK (at least with MWI, will test
other presence stuff later)!!!

I did the following:

sofia.conf.xml:

<profile name="profile0">
<domains>
  <domain name="all" alias="true" parse="true"/>
</domains>
<settings>
  <param name="dbname" value="shared_presence"/>
</settings>
</profile>

<profile name="profile1">
<settings>
  <param name="dbname" value="shared_presence"/>
</settings>
</profile>

<profile name="profile2">
<settings>
  <param name="dbname" value="shared_presence"/>
</settings>
</profile>

And whatever domain and profile the phone connects to, it just works!
The only trick is that they all need to have the same dbname, and one of
them needs to have an alias to all domains.

Also, in all the domain configuration something like:

<param name="dial-string" value="{presence_id=${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}"/>

will work even if phones are connected to profile2 or profile1!!

That's an awesome feature, and FreeSwitch rocks again! Now I just hope
it's an intended feature and not just a bug... By the way sorry, I
should have tested this before sending crap on the ML.

Brian, as you previously said it was not possible: is this something
normal and "supported"?

Thanks,
François