[Freeswitch-users] incoming pots ring

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:43:51 PDT 2010

it's a lack of hangup detection on the line itself.
you can try using tone_detect on your inbound dialplan

<action application="tone_detect" data="busy 425 r 0 hangup
'normal_clearing' 3"/>

This will listen for busy signal in the background and hangup if it
encounters it.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Brian May
<brian at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Something that has been bugging me for a while is the behaviour when
> receiving an incoming ring from a pots connection.
>
> If the incoming connection stops ringing, it takes Freeswitch ages for
> it to realize. In fact, I have found even if the phone stops ringing
> after the first ring, Freeswitch doesn't realize until after it
> activates voicemail (IIRC 20 second delay).
>
> I can understand that Freeswitch can't work out the instant the phone
> has stopped ringing, but the delay seems to be excessively long - is
> it possible to tweak it? If so how?
>
> I am using freetdm with a TDM400 card.
>
> Thanks
> --