[Freeswitch-users] ivr menu matching and execution problem

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 24 10:47:22 PDT 2010

Sounds to me like a possible solution would be adding a "break" option for
"entry" so that the user could decide whether or not to break after the
first match. However, I wonder if that's even necessary.

My question to you is why would you have two different actions for keypress
"9" and yet not want the second action ever to be executed? If the menu only
ever executed the first occurrence of a given digit then what would be the
value of having another occurrence of that same digit? In your example,
under what conditions would pressing "9" execute "transfer 8 XML ..." ?

There might be a less intrusive solution we could suggest if we knew more
about why you have multiple different actions for a single keypress.

-MC