[Freeswitch-users] Does anyone have a POTS phone connected to an openZAP supported card working?

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Tue Aug 24 08:29:52 PDT 2010

On 08/24/2010 09:24 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> The phone can connect to other phones in the system but not to an
>> outside line.
>>
> That's a dialplan issue. I assume if you pastebin your zap conf files
> and your dialplan etc it wouldn't be hard to figure out why...

It may go a little beyond that.  It appears that when defining the
extension number which is done in the openzap.conf file, there is no way
to set a variable, like <variable name="toll_allow"
value="domestic,international,local"/> .  Without that FS fails the test
for ${toll_allow}(domestic,international,local) and doesn't connect.

An attempt to use a special context  (not default) to set that variable
and transfer to the default context fails when the
<variable name="default_gateway" value="$${default_provider}"
/>
Didn't get set.

Because I don't quite know what I am doing I decided to try to set the
default_gateway via a

<action application="set" data="default_gateway=gw4.telasip.com"/>

And it worked!  I have no idea if it's the right way and it doesn't give
me any flexibility to use other gateways in case that one is busy, but
it worked.

Thanks,
Jim.