[Freeswitch-users] How to stop SPAM calls?

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:01:08 PDT 2010

Thank you. Could you please share your configuration section from the two
files?

I tried what you suggested. I put another IP as my ACL (which should be
rejected) but it goes through. So 41.XXX is not the IP I am calling from but
it connects me anyway.

acl.conf.xml
-----------------
<configuration name="acl.conf" description="Network Lists">
  <network-lists>
    <!--
 These ACL's are automatically created on startup.
    -->

    <list name="lan" default="allow">
      <node type="deny" cidr="192.168.42.0/24"/>
      <node type="allow" cidr="192.168.42.42/32"/>
    </list>

    <!-- 08232010
Allow only inbound from vitelity IP
    -->
<list name="localnet.auto" default="allow">
<node type="allow" cidr="41.XXX.XXX.XXX/29"/>
</list>
    <!--
This will traverse the directory adding all users
with the cidr= tag to this ACL, when this ACL matches
the users variables and params apply as if they
digest authenticated.
    -->
    <list name="domains" default="deny">
      <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
    </list>

  </network-lists>
</configuration>

-------------
Base_Settings.xml file under sip_profiles folder:
<include>
  <profile name="sipinterface_1">
    <domains>
      <domain name="all" alias="true" parse="true"/>
    </domains>
    <settings>
      <param name="rtp-ip" value="XY.XY.XY.XY"/>
      <param name="sip-ip" value="XY.XY.XY.XY"/>
      <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="XY.XY.XY.XY"/>
      <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="XY.XY.XY.XY"/>
      <param name="sip-port" value="5060"/>
      <param name="auth-calls" value="false"/>
      <param name="context" value="inbound"/>

  <!-- 08232010
Allow only inbound from vitelity IP
-->
<param name="local-network-acl" value="localnet.auto"/>
<param name="apply-inbound-acl" value="localnet.auto"/>

</settings>
  </profile>
</include>

Please let me know what am I doing wrong or missing?

Thank you.