[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Nyamul Hassan mnhassan at usa.net
Mon Aug 23 07:47:26 PDT 2010

David,

In our experience, it is not about "bps", but about "pps".  Because the
ethernet driver in Linux is single threaded, you cannot push beyond what a
single core can handle.

In our case, after 60kpps (on Intel X5504), the quality deteriorated.  In
Woody's case, this limit goes as high as 70kpps (on Intel X5550), which is
roughly equivalent to the single core clock speed difference between the
servers.

Brian is speaking the exact same jargon, that I came across when I was
reading about this 1 year ago.

Regards
HASSAN