[Freeswitch-users] Platform requrest (DragonflyBSD) for the Jira issue management system

Vincent Stemen vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
Sun Aug 22 08:41:28 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 05:45:47PM -0500, Brian West wrote:
> Vince,
> 	I see no value in adding it... but I added it anyway...

I appreciate it.  May I ask why you do not see any value in it though?
If you prefer to encompass all the BSD's into one platform option, I
would suggest changing the "FreeBSD/gcc" option to "BSD/gcc".

> Next time please open a jira about this stuff.

OK.  I will try to keep that in mind.  You might want to consider
mentioning that in the instructions on the form.  It just says

    The Platform the issue is experienced on. If not available please
    contact an Administrator to add your os/compiler combination

For most projects, instructions to contact an administrator or
maintainer usually means either emailing them directly or posting to the
mailing list.  I even asked on the IRC what was the most appropriate way
to contact an administrator about the request, prior to posting it to
the list, and nobody mentioned using jira for it.