[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 03:25:42 PDT 2010

Le Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:29:31 +0800,
Woody Dickson <woodydickson at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Woody,

> I am doing some experiments with Freeswitch by torturing it to see how
> the machine's CPU response to heavy loaded situation.
> The test is done on a 16 core 5550 dual quad core server running
> fedora 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64 OS.

nice beast

> What I found so strange was that while CPU usage remains pretty low
> and distributed among all cores at 190 - 200 calls per second.  Then,
> after added a few more calls per second, all CPU becomes fully
> utilized.
>
> Is this due to some wrong setting?  Any idea how I can tweak the
> configuration and continue my test?

AFAIK this is not normal, I spend a lot of time seeking for a scalable
solution that would fit either personal or large company phone system and
thus read a lot of docs & tests about VoIP - most of them show a
quasi-linear curve for cps, except when you're close to overloading, which
isn't even close for your machine.

JY
--
[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching.
		-- Tris Speaker, 1921