[Freeswitch-users] Paging calls

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Thu Aug 19 10:25:36 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Sean Holt <sean at obscuradigital.com> wrote:

>  Hey Tony,
>
> Yeah I’m able to get one Polycom to answer but more then one doesn’t seem
> to work.  Not sure what I’m missing.

the method polycom uses is UNICAST. This means slow packets might mean a
missed target, and probably a max amount of devices in the group. the more
in the group the more likely it wont work well.

I have never had success with more than 10 devices on a segregated vlan (i
dont use FS as anything other than media right now).

If you need to cover a large area or enough volume, a sip paging system is
better suited. The polycom paging 'application" as it is, is very limited in
what it is able to do.