[Freeswitch-users] Limits on number of concurrent registered users?

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:25:48 PDT 2010

There are no built-in limits on the number of registered users. The
only thing that matters in terms of limits is how fast of a server you
deploy FreeSWITCH on. Obviously, handling a register request takes
some processing power. Handling requests from 15,000 users will take a
decent amount of processing power. The amount it takes depends on how
often a user re-registers. If they are doing it once per hour then you
will need to be able to process just over 4 per second, which is not
substantial at all. If they register every 15 seconds, then you are
looking at 1,000 per second, which is something else entirely.

As for TLS/SSL, I have used it for some time and never had an issue
with the phone disconnecting. I tested using a Polycom phone.