[Freeswitch-users] First installation help

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 10 16:09:30 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Stas Khirman <stas at khirman.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>

> Yes, you absolutely right – 999x are working… BTW, I took my code from
> http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-1.0.6.tar.gz - i was sure that it
> is a latest version…Maybe it make sense to repackage it to remove confusion…

1.0.6 is the latest tarball but you can use the git repo to get the latest
and greatest code which is recommended for initial installs.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#Obtaining_the_Source_Code

> On the first question – it seems that in multi interface configuration
> FreeSWITCH is explicitly bind() to the first interface only . Is any
> configuration parameters to specify what interfaces to bind /

Look for conf/sip_profiles/internal.xml and external.xml
These files control your SIP profiles, which are just SIP UAs
Look for these lines:
    <param name="rtp-ip"
value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>

    <param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>

You can specify an IP address there. Each SIP profile can bind to a
particular IP address and port. The port param is like this:
    <param name="sip-port" value="$${external_sip_port}"/>

Also, look in conf/vars.xml to see where many of these variables are
defined.

Last item: go buy our FreeSWITCH book! We've fallen to #3 on Packt's top
books list so we need a boost! :P

Thanks,
MC