[Freeswitch-users] we are under attack

Ash ash at archerdrive.com
Mon Aug 9 01:52:47 PDT 2010

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago.  I was hit from IP's in China and Finland.  In the end I created an iptables chain to just allow Australian IP's only as we only expect to see Australian IP's, I obtained the list from http://www.ipaddresslocation.org.  Then I create a log rule to log any drop connections to /var/log/messages and use nagios check_log to email me if there are any drops, this way I can be sure its only Australian IP's.

I also added some rate limiting to ports 5060-5080.

To date we have not had anymore issues... Touch wood!.