[Freeswitch-users] Modems

Ken Gillett ken at ukgb.net
Sun Aug 8 10:46:01 PDT 2010

I asked this before, but never got any response, so hope someone can help me this time.

Is it possible to use a (USB) modem as a 'trunk' to and from the PSTN, i.e. be able to accept incoming PSTN calls and also make PSTN calls?

I plan on installing FreeSwitch on a Mac and it would be really handy to be able to use Apple's USB modem in this way as otherwise there's no way to add such PSTN functionality on the Mac Mini.  Although my requirement is Mac based, I guess this question applies to any FreeSwitch installation.

Ken G i l l e t t