[Freeswitch-users] FS performance

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Sat Aug 7 21:17:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

While FreeSWICH is a back-to-back user agent (B2BUA), you can do some magic on sip<->sip calls.

Kamailio wont do any media proxying on its own, to do the same with FS, you need to use bypass_media (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Bypass_media)

That will use considerably less resources than relaying an rtp packet every 20ms (the default setting). In fact, it wont use anything at all once the call is up.

Mathieu Rene
Avant-Garde Solutions Inc
Office: + 1 (514) 664-1044 x100
Cell: +1 (514) 664-1044 x200