[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as fax/voice router

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Fri Aug 6 16:31:40 PDT 2010

Hi Milosz.

"FreeSWITCH now has T38 support.

The old mod_fax and many of the codecs in FreeSWITCH have now merged to one
module called mod_spandsp which takes advantage of all the DSP features
found in the spandsp library including T.38 endpoint and gateway
functionality."

This should be considered (see sipfoundry JIRA, item for that now) for the
FS 1.07 release in sipxecs.

In the meantime, you should consider using a FS system using mod_spandsp and
using t.38.

Good to see you here too.

Tony

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM, milosz <mewash at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i am looking to use freeswitch to do uc fax/voice routing for my user
> did's.
>
> my users are on an ip pbx already (sipx, but the pre-freeswitch version, at
> least for now).
>
> i have calls coming into a pri and i'd like to use freeswitch to do fax
> detection on the call and do either fax-to-email or send the call to sipx.
>
> is anyone doing anything like this?  is it feasible?  clues for how to get
> started?
>
> thanks
>
> milosz

======================
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
sip: tgraziano at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8431

Email: tgraziano at myitdepartment.net

Telephone: 434.984.8426
sip: helpdesk at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8427

Helpdesk Contract Customers:
http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.