[Freeswitch-users] Solved: problem making outbound calls to service provider

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Aug 2 22:59:45 PDT 2010

First, apologies are due for not continuing the original thread; I was
interacting with the mailing list via gmane.org and the recent messages,
including mine, don't appear to have propagated to the newsgroup.

I solved my difficulty with making outbound calls to my ISP's SIP service.

The problem turned out to be the MTU setting of my ppp0 interface: reducing it
to 1496 bytes allowed the FreeSWITCH invite packet (with the md5
authentication) to be fragmented and received by the remote side.