[Freeswitch-users] mod_shout recordFile bitrate

Andy andy at fabulous4.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 04:48:41 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm using  session.recordFile to push the audio from my calls to an icecast
server. As far as I can tell the bitrate of the audio I'm sending is only
64kbps but the info sent to icecast about the stream always says 24000kbps
which is causing me problems.

Is there anyway I can correct the value sent in the info packet without
editing the source code of mod_shout?

This may be a question for the developers list but, If I did decide to edit
the code in mod_shout.c is there a way I can set this to the actual bit rate
for the stream rather than hardcoding it to 64kbps which is actually always
true with my application.

Cheers
Andy