[Freeswitch-users] E3 Card on Freeswitch ?

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Tue Apr 27 09:36:04 PDT 2010

hi Anita,

I think the answer differ from telco to telco, but it's in their interest to provide solutions to volum customers. I will recommend you ask for quotes and compare raw SIP, E1''s, E3's and STM-1's.

A major question is how do you plan interfacing to the telco? Will you be using Q.931, Q.SIG, SS7 or something else?

FreeSWITCH "as is" can't support this card, but it can be made to do so. I assume Sangoma delivers a L1/L2 driver ? In which case I easely can tweak both L2 and L3 to fit. I have to make a few assumtions here because I have no knowledge about how smart Sangoma have been on the PCI interface/driver side of this card.

Jan