[Freeswitch-users] Calling Web service from Freeswitch

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:55:57 PDT 2010

To use mod_curl to do a GET/POST request:

<action application="curl"
data="http://www.myhost.com/script?getName=myGetValue" />
<action application="curl" data="http://www.myhost.com/script post
postName=myPostValue%20a%20space" />

You'd have to form a request string to match what your application expects. E.g.
<action application="curl" data="http://www.myhost.com post
username=${username}&ip=${network_addr}"/>

You can parse the XML from a script after the curl request, you'll
find the curl_response_code and curl_response variables contain the
HTTP status code (200 if ok) and XML result.

-Steve