[Freeswitch-users] Can FreeSWITCH act as a SIP Proxy with transcoding?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sat Apr 24 11:17:24 PDT 2010

FreeSWITCH is not a proxy, and proxies don't transcode, they only affect signaling.  You seem to be describing a back to back user agent, which both FreeSWITCH and cudatel are.  All of this functionality is currently available in FreeSWITCH.  We have been working on adding provisioning and configuration support for SRTP and TLS to cudatel, but it is not yet available.

Mike