[Freeswitch-users] g.729 Licenses from Freeswitch.org

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Thu Apr 22 22:30:02 PDT 2010

Send proof the machine is dead? Would you like a picture of smoke pouring
out of a box in flames?

What if you want to re-allocate the machine to do something else or just
replace it with a more powerful machine? How are the licenses tied to the
machine, MAC address?

Any reason the "option" for a floating license model isn't available? It
seems given the option between the two, I'd rather have the floating license
model so I wouldn't need to prove my machine is dead before asking to have
the licenses re-issued, unless of course the license server is dead. We swap
production machines in/out all the time, particularly because we perform
maintenance on one, so we have a spare, bring it up, take the other one
down, perform maintenance, and bring it back up.

With this model, floating licenses would be our only option, I really
wouldn't want to be purchasing a bunch of extra licenses for spare machines.

I can't imagine you guys really like making us feel like criminals by tieing
the license to an actual box, what's wrong with the good 'ole "on your honor
policy"? I realize the need to pay for valid g729 licenses, but prove the
machine is dead? Is this requirement coming from Sipro?

Cheers,
Gabe