[Freeswitch-users] create dummy channel to record conference

Alexandre Mouillé alexandre.mouille at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:07:00 PDT 2010

Hi,

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong mailing list.

I'm working on a custom conference that uses the conference module. I need a
record function that keeps recording (or at list appends the same wav file)
when no one is in a given conference.
The solution that was used in the Asterisk program I'm porting was to create
a dummy channel that goes in the conference and records what it hears in a
file.

- Can I create a dummy channel with an "originate /loopback" that would go
into a conf and record what it hears (I'm not sure what loopback really is)

- Otherwise, can I use originate from the FS box to call itself, one side
connects to the conference and the other records.
(I'm not sure how to do that, and how I could transmit variables (to tell
which file to record to) to the called program)

Thanks