[Freeswitch-users] MEDIA_TIMEOUT after long duration call

Francisco Scaramanga scaram at hotmail.de
Thu Apr 15 05:08:11 PDT 2010

Now I am using stable release 1.0.6 and have a MEDIA_TIMEOUT again, because function rtp_common_read counts missed packets.
During a long session of several hours the amount of missed packets exceeds the limit.

Now I changed my .\conf\sip_profiles\internal.xml and set the rtp timeout to 0, which means no timeout.

  set <param name="rtp-timeout-sec" value="0"/>

My usecase is to have long duration calls. Can I do this without cross-effects, or is not wise to set rtp timout to 0?