[Freeswitch-users] DTMF issues

Dan Lane null at invalid.name
Thu Apr 15 05:04:47 PDT 2010

I've got an issue where DTMF has stopped working with outbound calls
(DTMF works on inbound calls from them) via one of my service
providers (still works fine with several other providers) so I assumed
it was a change the termination provider had made and duly reported it
to them.

Their response was:

"We have analysed rtp from xlite to freeswitch to us and xlite to us
1. volume is being made much quieter by freeswitch, i.e. standard dtmf
volume 10 is being re-written to 7
2. dtmf is shorter, i.e messages from phones are being re-written to a
really short version
3. timestamp discontinuity  Audio to RTP conversion point. timestamps
are indicating missing packets received via freeswitch"

The service provider is running a mixture of Cisco AS 5300's and
5350xm's, I don't think it's a bug in Freeswitch (I have a number of
Freeswitch boxes that are all affected running different versions from
1.0.4pre7 to r17188) as DTMF was working once upon a time... can
anyone think of anything obvious that either I or the service provider
could be missing?

Thanks.