[Freeswitch-users] Embedded Freeswitch Installation for Windows?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Mon Apr 12 21:48:10 PDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Tamas wrote:

> Is it possible to link against msvcrt.dll instead of compiler specific ones (e.g. msvcrt90.dll)?

Maybe, but I have not seen an easy way to do this with later compilers, and the old ones are generally pretty broken.  I doubt it would compile at all.

> In case we don't use any console stuff, is there a way to link without msvcrt at all?

Not sure the connection between console and msvcrt.dll.  We need a runtime regardless unless we somehow write c code that uses no functions from the c runtime.

Why is it an issue to depend on msvcrt90.dll?