[Freeswitch-users] Multi-tenanting

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 12 16:24:53 PDT 2010

Just in case, be sure to read this:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Multi-tenant

The OP there uses the XML files for all of the configuration. While I
recommend getting to know the XML files I would also say that using
mod_xml_curl would give you a measure of power and flexibility for keeping
your directory and dialplan information in a database.

As far as being too good to be true... it almost is! The catch really is the
learning curve, although if you've already dealt with Asterisk, Mitel,
ShoreTel, etc. then you've got a few battle scars already, so a steep
learning curve is nothing to fear, eh? :)

Be sure to join #freeswitch at irc.freenode.net if you want to chat in
real-time with other FreeSWITCH users. As for gotchas: be sure you
understand domains and if necessary have a good DNS server that does SRV
records properly.

Welcome to FreeSWITCH, it's going to be a wild ride! :)

-MC