[Freeswitch-users] Recommended phones

Garrison Hoffman garrison at codefix.net
Mon Apr 12 09:54:05 PDT 2010

Jonas Gauffin wrote:

> Which phone models are you using?

> I'm looking for a budget phone and a standard phone.
> Both should work well behind NAT (FS <--> internet <--> router <--> phones).

I'm really happy with a Grandstream 2020, but I've also had luck with a
Handy-Tone 386 with two FXS ports; both devices support STUN but since
my FS is on the local network that hasn't been an issue.

It really doesn't get any more budget than a cheap FXS adapter like the
Handy-Tone series and an old phone, but they do have issues.
Voip-info.org has some good information on known issues.

(also see my other post)

-gh