[Freeswitch-users] call bargein (urgent call)

Nikolay Kondratyev kond at nstel.ru
Thu Apr 8 23:36:59 PDT 2010

Hi all,

i need a sort of  "call barge in" functianality, ar may be "urgent call" will be better name...
I know about existing "eavesdrop" application, but it does not suite me because of two reasons:
1. callee must be on active call, or eavesdrop will fail.
2. say user 1001 dialed 881002 to eavesdrop user 1002 talking to 1003. If 1003 hangs up, the call will terminate.

Existing "intercept" application also does not suite.

So i need the following:
A dispatcher must be able to call any user urgently, that is if a user is idle, it just should be a call, and when a user A is talking to user B, and dispatcher makes urgent call to A, all three must occur in a conference.
I'm sure it's possible, but i'm rather new to FS and looks like i'm lost while searching how to achive it....

Can anybody please advise how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Nikolay.