[Freeswitch-users] FS cannot produce any log file

Bi,Xianchun xianchun.bi at quanshi.com
Thu Apr 8 07:02:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have installed FreeSWITCH in my test server, the OS is Ubuntu 8.04 Server

In module configuration file conf/autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml,
log_file module is set active.

<load module="mod_logfile"/>

And in the log_file configuration file
conf/autoload_configs/logfile.conf.xml, the settings are as following:

<configuration name="logfile.conf" description="File Logging">

  <settings>

   <!-- true to auto rotate on HUP, false to open/close -->

  <param name="rotate-on-hup" value="true"/>

  </settings>

  <profiles>

    <profile name="default">

      <settings>

        <!-- File to log to -->

        <param name="logfile" value="/var/log/freeswitch.log"/>

        <!-- At this length in bytes rotate the log file (0 for never) -->

        <param name="rollover" value="10485760"/>

    <!-- Uncomment to prefix all log lines by the session's uuid  -->

    <!-- <param name="uuid" value="true" /> -->

      </settings>

      <mappings>

  <!--

       name can be a file name, function name or 'all'

       value is one or more of debug,info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert,all

       Please see comments in console.conf.xml for more information

  -->

  <map name="all" value="debug,info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert"/>

      </mappings>

    </profile>

  </profiles>

</configuration>

But the logfile never appers. I also try using touch to create a dummy file,
but the file never grow.

Restarting FreeSWITCH has no effect.

What wrong with my settings?

Anyone could give any suggestion?