[Freeswitch-users] cepstral PB

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 06:31:24 PDT 2010

Le Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:54:54 -0400,
Mathieu Rene <mrene_lists at avgs.ca> a écrit :

> ldconfig -v will list you all libraries that are in ld's path, start
> by confirming the correct version of the lib appears in there. You may
> also chec: ldd /path/to/mod_cepstral.so, if any of those are "not
> found".

No everything's there, with the right version.

mod_cepstral is link to libswift.so.5, but can't find the specific
languages libs if they're not symlinked into /usr/local/freeswitch/lib

I tried every possible combination (ldconfig after & before recompiling the
module, etc) but it still need these symlinks, may be it is what you say
below

> Also note that the linker may cache the path to some libraries, make
> sure you re-run ldconfig if you delete some symlinks or it'll still
> try to look at where they previously were.

> If the problem persist it might be worth adding -rpath (adds an extra
> library path to the .so file) to mod_cepstral's Makefile, it already
> references -L/opt/swift/lib directly anyways.

Yeah, I greped the source, and that's why I don't understand.

But I think this issue is a very low priority as the solution's easy :)

(BTW, I tested some other TTS (unfortunately proprietary), and these voices
blew my mind:
http://www.loquendo.com/en/demos/demo_tts.htm
On some, you really can't tell if it is TTS of real.)

--
The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct.
		-- Ralph Hartley