[Freeswitch-users] How to configure g729 pass though on Freeswitch

David Ponzone david.ponzone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 01:11:09 PDT 2010

As far as I know, you can't, because T38 is not advertised at first.
T38 starts with regular codecs in the SDP, and then later, a T38
REINVITE is negotiated.

I guess the easiest way to handle that is:
-enable proxy media based on DID for inbound fax
-enable proxy media based on CLID for outbound fax

This requires to have specific extensions in your dialplan.

For outbound, you can also have a dedicated SIP profile for T38 ATAs
so you can enable proxy-media for the whole profile.
For inbound, you may do the same if your ITSP/gateway can send you the
fax DIDs on a specific trunk (so to a specific SIP profile).

Be aware that T38 is a PITA, and that you really need to validate that
your T38 device is compatible with the other endpoint, which is
probably a gateway.
If this gateway is yours, that's fine because you control it, and you
can rely on it for your T38 service.
If it's not yours, you could have issues if some day, your iTSP
decices to change it.

David Ponzone  Direction Technique
email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
tel:      01 74 03 18 97
gsm:   06 66 98 76 34

Service Client IPeva
tel:      0811 46 26 26
www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis
à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou
diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est
susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre
de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes
pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et
d'avertir l'expéditeur.