[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference lag

Clint Popetz clint at 42lines.net
Fri Apr 2 13:04:55 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Clint Popetz <clint at 42lines.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new to freeswitch, and have it running on Ubuntu Hardy in ec2 with
>> mod_skypopen, and when I call the echo test with skype it is _beautiful_ and
>> has no lag, and the same is true for my coworker, but when we both dial a
>> mod_conference bridge with skype, we get a 10-12 second lag.  CPU usage on
>> the machine is nil.  Any ideas?
>>

> Do you mean that when you speak, it takes 10-12 seconds before the audio is
> heard by someone else in the conference?

Correct.

> Also, can you try the same exercise with a soft phone like x-lite? I'm
> curious to know if this happens only on Skype calls or on any calls made to
> a conference.

Sip is a whole other can of worms that's not working either.  When
connecting with Bria on the mac to the ivr_demo on 5000, I can hear the demo
fine, but it won't listen to DTMF numbers to change the menu.  When running
xopier on linux, I can't hear anything and DTMF doesn't get through.  Both
those softphones work fine with asterisk, including dtmf.  I was punting on
getting sip working correctly in freeswitch until I determined whether
skypopen solved the conferencing woes I'm facing with MeetMe/asterisk.

(It's entirely possible/probably I just have sip misconfigured...I'm just
using the default configuration in that regard.)

-Clint

-MC

Clint Popetz
http://42lines.net