[Freeswitch-users] PSTN Integration and real deployments

Campbell Steven casteven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 23:24:15 PDT 2010

Hi Guru,

If you have a bunch of analog extensions from say an old PBX
installation that you want to reuse (I *think* this is what you are
getting at?) then you can use a channelbank like these:

http://www.patton.com/products/pe_products.asp?category=406

Which essentially are an up to 32 port ATA, like Nandy says, an ATA's
purpose is to allow you to use an analogue handset on a VoIP system.
This would allow you to have each individual analogue extension
registering to it's own SIP account.

Campbell