[Freeswitch-users] Alias user mapping

Jonathan Barou jbarou at sqli.com
Tue Sep 29 06:33:13 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,
I have a problem with "Alphanumeric to numeric user mapping"

I have done like it's written here :

Alphanumeric to numeric user mapping

Say you want a user's id to be alphanumeric (like an email username), such
as johnsmith at pbx.example.com. These users have alphanumeric usernames in
their sip phone config, but you want to map them from their sip username to
a numeric extension, and vice versa.

As of version 1.0.4, Freeswitch makes this trivial to accomplish. A user's
ID can be any alphanumeric string, and this can be simply tied to an
extension number using the 'number-alias' property. This property creates an
aliased directory entry that points to the alphanumeric user entry.

*NOTE: When using this attribute, you must be careful not to create a
directory collision by having another user whose ID is the same as another
user's alias*

Here is an example from the user directory:

  <user id="johnsmith" number-alias="1001">
    <!-- Insert the usual user configuration variables and params here,
         including user password, voicemail password, caller ID info, etc -->
  </user>

So when a user dials extension number 1001, your dialplan can use the
'user_data' function to look up the ID attribute associated with that number
alias. In the default dialplan, the 'Local Extension' section can be made to
work with a small change to the 'bridge' line:

  <action application="bridge"
data="user/${user_data(${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} attr
id)}@${domain_name}"/>

*NOTE: Using this user_data function in combination with mod_xml_curl will
generate an additional request each time the user_data function is called.
Note that it is already called once in the Local Extension section to
determine the callgroup. Beware of performance implications of this with
high-volume systems.*

But when I want to call my alias-number, FS says "No Route, Abording"

My version of FreeSWITCH is the 1.0.4pre9.

Do you have any ideas ? Did I forget something to do?

Thanks

--
Jonathan BAROU
SQLI LYON - CRCI