[Freeswitch-users] update on Windows installer

Carlos Talbot carlos.talbot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:55:12 PDT 2009

For those that are not aware, I've made some changes to the Windows
installer over the past month. You can find a summary on this link:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Download_%26_Installation_Guide#Precompiled_Binaries

The latest change is the bundling of 32 and 64 bits builds in one
file. The installer automatically selects the proper version based on
the running OS. I encourage those who are using Windows to try out
this release. (http://files.freeswitch.org/windows_installer/freeswitch.exe)

I'm in the process of performance testing the 64 bit build on an HP
DL380 w/ 16GB ram (8-way 3GHZ). As with the Linux build it's proven to
be more scalabe than the 32 bit build on 64 bit hardware. I will
follow up on wiki with my results. I'm trying to mimic this
configuration: http://wiki.voiceworks.pl/display/~pawel/Maxed+out+CPS+test

regards,

Carlos

note: it might take a while before you see this recent upload as the
files server is synced via a content delivery system. When done you
should see a file in that directory with today's date:
LATEST_SVN_14953