[Freeswitch-users] Automagic Phone Provisioning

digilord grae at digilord.net
Wed Sep 23 08:19:26 PDT 2009

Hello all,
	I know this is done and I think I figured out how to do it but I don't
want to reinvent the wheel so here goes.  I am looking for a program
that will sit on the PBX.  This program will intercept DHCP reply
packets destined for phones, inject "option 66" into the packet and
release it back onto the network.

Some of you might be wondering why I want a program like this.  Simple.
Lazy clients.  They don't want to mess with their network infrastructure
to assist us with automated deployment of SIP devices.  They also don't
want 50-100 devices connecting to an off site server downloading 20-40MB
of firmware on a reboot.

The PBX is not hard coded with an IP address.  It's DHCP.  They were
willing to allow the PBX on the network and assign it a static DHCP
address.

Is what I am looking for not possible?  Does someone have a sensible
solution that doesn't involve dropping the client (yes someone suggested
that)?

DigiLord