[Freeswitch-users] recompile with gdb

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:42:59 PDT 2009

One of the things that -hp does is call "memlockall" which disables swapping
which uses more memory which makes hitting a land mine in your ram chip much
more likely.

On the other hand:

Since you are talking about "with" and "without" gcc support I am going to
guess you are on Solaris which you probably should have mentioned before.
it's possible that some of the more aggressive things activated by -hp is
not possible on that platform.  If so we either have to identify that and
disable it or disable hp completely for Solaris.

Either way, gcc randomly crashing is never ok and is a symptom of a pretty
serious issue.

Are you using 2 separate fresh checkouts for both suncc and gcc builds
because it's not possible to switch the same source tree once it's already
configured for one of them.