[Freeswitch-users] Displaying matched extension during a call

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Sep 21 12:30:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Anil Kumar S. R. <sranil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Freeswitch. So please bear with me if I ask any silly
> questions.
>
> * Can anyone of you please tell me how to display the extension name which
> has matched an incoming/outgoing call.
> * And can you please elaborate what does '<action application="info"/>'
> mean.
> * Suppose we have set a variable in the extension of the dialplan XML. Is
> there anyway we can display this variable on CLI for our debugging purposes.

Anil,

Here are few links to get started:
Handy tutorial: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2009/106/TALK-SOFT
Chan vars: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables
Log app: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_log

Note: the info app dumps all sorts of information to the console and is a
great way to learn about many of the channel variables that FS has. The log
app will make it easy for you to pinpoint just a single channel variable:
<action application="log" data="INFO Dialed extension is ${dialed_ext}"/>

Have fun!
-MC