[Freeswitch-users] mod_lcr and indexes

Marcelo Sosa - LST listas at askterisk.com
Fri Sep 18 09:31:24 PDT 2009

Hello,

>> I know that mysql is dumb, but i´m postgresql-fobic :) (i was happy using
>> pgsql, until i found a bug in the restore of backups, that makes the
>> backup
>> unable to be restored, very bad day) :-)
>
> huh, really?

Bug ID #885 :-)

>> Anyway, I was refering to the change from "digits IN (a list of digits)"
>> "(digits='xx' OR digits='xxx')", not the quote_in_list option that i
>> found
>> when i was touching a bit of code.
>> For the list-archives then, mysql may prefer a different query format to
>> speed up lcr matches. I´ll test with postgres and check it has any
>> differences by using one method or another, if not may be we can change
>> the
>> code so it uses the fastest way for mysql.
>
> OR list instead of IN list?  <sigh/>

Yup, kinda weird, isn´t it? IN list should be faster.

> What is the size of your rate table?  When trying both ways, what is
> the measured difference in performance?  Does mysql have a way to
> analyze the table to ensure it's statistics are up to date?

Rate table has about 19k records, i´m just testing. No measured difference
with real calls (haven´t tested it), but mysql has a EXPLAIN command that
analyzes the query and returns information about it (key used, possible
keys, number of rows returned by the subquery, etc).
I´m emailing you by private the EXPLAIN query result, i don´t want to
clobber this list with mysql problems :-)

Regards,
Marcelo Sosa