[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH and OpenBTS integration

Alberto Escudero aep.lists at it46.se
Thu Sep 17 05:18:01 PDT 2009

I am happy to let you know that FreeSWITCH route calls from OpenBTS, the
open base station based on the Universal Software Radio USRP. Yes! Calls
from a standard handset to a GSM base station connected to FreeSWITCH

If you want to read more about the idea check:
http://openbts.sourceforge.net/
http://www.it46.se/entry/380 (our effort to deploy the technology in a
developing region)

I have put a few notes for others to give it a try available here:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/openbts/wiki/OpenBTS/SettingUpFreeSWITCH

Let me know what is the best place in FreeSWITCH wiki to add and keep
updated this information

--
Stopping junk mailers is good for the environment