[Freeswitch-users] how to add new user for external profile

pankaj anand pankajanand18 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:29:39 PDT 2009

hi ,  i m very new to the FreeSwitch..
can any one tell me how to add a new user.
i have already tried creating a new user by creating a
$INSTALL_DIR/conf/directory/default/pankaj.xml :

<include>
  <user id="pankaj">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="pankaj"/>
      <param name="vm-password" value="pankaj"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="toll_allow" value="domestic,international,local"/>
      <variable name="accountcode" value="pankaj"/>
      <variable name="user_context" value="default"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="Extension pankaj"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="pankaj"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_name"
value="$${outbound_caller_name}"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_number"
value="$${outbound_caller_id}"/>
      <variable name="callgroup" value="techsupport"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

but when i try to connect it using , the softphone shows  forbidden.
Can anyone tell me where i am making a mistake.

with regards
Pankaj anand