[Freeswitch-users] ERLang configuration callbacks

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Tue Sep 15 11:39:35 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 02:29:14PM -0400, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:54:31PM -0600, Mark Sobkow wrote:
Oh wait, I see what you're doing, you catch all the fetch requests in
the handle_info and then make a call to another process to get the XML.

My question is why are those both in the same process? The handle_info
part is fine, but then the pid you make a gen_server:call to *must* be a
different process or you'll hit a timeout and the process will exit.
However, I can't start 2 copies of that process (one to catch requests,
one to return XML) because your module always does a bind!

Regardless, I at least get fetch requests when I run your module, I
can't make it return something without refactoring it, but it does
receive the requests at least.

Andrew